Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures
Dec 1 2016
We are excited to announce that Meetingmax has been selected as a 2016 winner of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures™ presented by Waterstone!
This national program, now in its 12th year, annually recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for having cultures that enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage. Forty winners are annually chosen across four categories; three are based on revenue (growth and small cap, mid-market and enterprise) and one not-for-profit category (broader public sector). Organization’s submissions are scored on 6 categories: vision and leadership, recruitment and hiring for fit, cultural alignment and measurement, retention, rewards and recognition, organizational performance and corporate social responsibility. The Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures™ program creates a benchmark of success for all those who are nominated.
“In our work at Waterstone, we partner with entrepreneurial-minded leaders of high-growth organizations to help them recruit for fit and provide counsel on human capital issues to drive performance,” said Marty Parker, President and Chief Executive Officer of Waterstone Human Capital and Chair of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures™. “What’s so impressive about this diverse list of 2016 winners is their shared belief that culture is their competitive advantage – they know that building and sustaining a great culture is a significant asset that drives performance. The 2016 winning organizations have shown diverse strategies in achieving inspirational cultures that have measureable results.”
At Meetingmax, culture is the cornerstone of our success. We attribute the company’s accomplishments to a strong foundation rooted in a solid and well-communicated Vision, Core Purpose, Core Values, and a clear sense of direction shared amongst all team members.
- Meetingmax’s Vision: Building better events globally through Awesome Reservation Technology and Ridiculously Remarkable Support.
- Meetingmax’s Core Purpose: Helping People Find Their Tribes
- Meetingmax’s Core Values:
- Passion for People
- Own It.
- Ingenuity Everywhere
- Make It Fun!
- Thirst for Learning
Below are a few of the fun culture aspects we include in our day to day routine. We initially implemented key incentives designed to make the company a fun, relaxed place to work. Over the years a culture of encouragement for staff to contribute their ideas has resulted in a wide variety of fun and creative rituals. Each is designed to deepen our vision, purpose and values throughout the organization. Highlights include:
- Daily Huddle: Every morning at 10:20am the office gathers to share good news, client wins, daily goals, and pick one team member’s iPod to serve as the office soundtrack for the day. Every Monday a core value is highlighted for the week; praise is given to team members who exemplify that core value throughout the week.
- Ridiculously Remarkable Accounts: Every employee is given $25.00 per quarter to spend on delighting and servicing their clients and partners. Past gifts include flowers, chocolates, donations, Starbucks gift cards, books, and more.
- 30 Minute Think Times: Once a week at a time that suits them, staff take personal “30-minute think times”, during which they’re encouraged to take space from their desk in order to review Meetingmax’s annual goals, brainstorm creative ways to tackle problems they may be facing, and to reflect on their personal goals.
- Gathering Minds Meetings: Given the company’s quest and value of continuous growth, monthly the team and clients either read a physical copy or listen to an audio book in the hopes that it will help them grow personally or professionally. The books (audio or actual) are provided to everyone at the company expense. Everyone meets at the end of the month to discuss their top takeaways.
- Slipper Optional Policy: Through a partnership with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Meetingmax provides cozy slippers for employees and visiting clients, bringing some added comfort to the workplace.
- Liquor Cart Fridays: Friday afternoons feature a weekly social gathering, a time for the team to get together and relax with a cocktail courtesy of Meetingmax’s stocked bar cart.
- Out-of-the-Box Days: The team participates in bi-annual off-site training days to push the company forward.
We are so honoured to win this award and to be recognized for our outstanding corporate culture!
Intersted in joining the Meetingmax tribe?
Head to Indeed to check out our current career openings. Give us a heads up in your cover letter which core value of ours resonates the most with you and why.